Application Deadline: June 22nd 2018
The Centre for Innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is a World Bank supported centre of excellence for education and research at the College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The main aim of CDT-Africa is to
serve as a platform for equitable access to interventions (medications, vaccines, diagnostics and complex interventions) and bring about sustainable development in Africa through high- quality capacity development for innovative therapeutic discovery.
As part of its commitment to support regional capacity for therapeutic development, the Center has developed a Master’s program in Clinical Trials. This MSc program was developed after a needs assessment, which combines extensive need for the program, and following standard procedures. The Center’s MSc in Clinical Trials curriculum, the first of its kind in Ethiopia and the Region, is designed for the training of experts who are actively contributing to the clinical trials process in Africa.
The program’s overall aim is to prepare competent individuals who would work in pharmaceutical industries, regulatory agencies, contract research organizations, academia and other research centres, with the primary objective of assisting with the designing, execution and reporting of clinical trials pertaining to drugs, diagnostics, behavioural interventions and medical devices commensurate with Good Clinical Practice, legal, ethical, and regulatory requirements.
• A candidate must have a Bachelor Degree in healthcare or life sciences, such as pharmacy,
public health, nursing, biology, doctorate degree in medicine or equivalent, doctor of dental
medicine, and doctor of veterinary medicine. Those with Bachelor of Statistics are also eligible.
• Others with additional qualifications with or without Bachelor Degree in the life sciences
may be eligible if relevant further qualifications are obtained. Examples of such qualifications are public health, MSc in pharmacy, MSc in pharmacology, MSc in statistics, and doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD).
• As this is a needs based program, it is desirable for applicants to have one or two years of service after last graduation with relevant program to have the exposure to real-life challenges prior to joining the program.
• A candidate who satisfies the above admission requirements will be required to take and
pass oral examination.
Applicants from government institutions may need to submit a sponsorship letter from their employing institution once they are shortlisted and succeeded the oral examination
• Applicants need to meet also the general requirements laid down by the School of Graduate
Studies, Addis Ababa University.
• The Center will pay for any required registration fee and tuition fee
• The Center will have a modest funding to support research projects of all students.
Any student coming from countries outside Ethiopia will have a dormitory within Addis Ababa University and a net stipend of 10, 000 Ethiopian birr.
Other national students are required to have sponsorship from their institutions.
• There will be limited space for private applicants
• Application document (CV, official transcript, copies of degrees, motivation letter) must be
submitted in electronic copy via email to Dr Tsegahun Manyazewal (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) copying Ms Samrawit Ketema (email:email@example.com).
• The motivation letter should describe how the applicant meets the requirements for the MSc study and why he/she wants to engage in the program.
• The deadline for applications is 22nd June 2018.
• Shortlisted national applicants will be interviewed at the CDT- Africa office in Addis Ababa,
while shortlisted international applicants will be interviewed remotely through Skype or other means.
• Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
FOR MORE INFORMATION : VISIT SOURCE
Source: Power Naij